The President and CEO provides strategic direction, vision, and management for the programs and personnel of the Greater Cheraw Chamber of Commerce and its affiliates. He/she demonstrates expertise in strategic planning, member sales and services, program management, economic development, public policy, nonprofit governance and operations, finance and accounting, public speaking, and fundraising. He/she has full responsibility for profit and loss, fiscal stability, and compliance. He/she will be a dynamic leader with the ability to manage current programs while developing new initiatives and partnerships with other business and community organizations to achieve regional goals and objectives. Reports to the board of directors in accordance with the by-laws.
B. POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Chamber.
- Develop goals and objectives for recommendation to the board.
- Represent the Chamber at community events.
- Keeping the website, calendar, and newsletters up to date.
- Scheduling and giving timely notice of all meetings to the board and/or membership.
- Invoicing members and soliciting sponsorships.
- Understanding of political landscape and collaboration with civic leadership partner organizations.
- Strategic planning and implementation at the direction of the board including the Taste of Cheraw, Christmas Parade, Legislative breakfast, lunch and learns, golf tournaments, the Christmas tour of homes, and more.
- Member services and sales. The President is responsible for the overall performance of the chamber’s membership activities including membership acquisition and retention.
- Economic development – working with local boards to promote our area for new business and the expansion of existing businesses. Help members starting a new business find grants and information to make them successful.
- Fundraising- The President/CEO is responsible for its philanthropic relations, donor engagement, grant writing, and program growth.
- Develop and maintain a positive, helpful relationship with city and county government, neighboring Chambers, and the State Chamber.
- Performs other functions as assigned by the board of directors or required in the bylaws.
Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others. Knowledge of chamber master software or willingness to learn it. Should have demonstrated effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communications. Possesses and demonstrates high standards or integrity, work ethic, and personal responsibility. Must be willing to travel as required.
Job Type: Part-Time
Hourly: $15-18 Ability to earn more based on performance of the Chamber regarding chamber profits.
Working time: 9:00am-3:00pm 30 hours max per week. Special events will require working outside of the normal schedule so your schedule must be flexible to accommodate for these events.
Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Adam.email@example.com